Saturday, February 13, 2010
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
TFF award winner Henkel returns with this powerful portrait of three lives affected by deliberately lit fires raging across Indonesia.
Destroying pristine rainforest, endangering wildlife, and contributing to climate change, these fires only benefit the lucrative palm oil industry.
Following a carbon-trading entrepreneur, an orangutan rescuer, and a palm oil farmer, this doc inspirationally shows those caught at the intersection of big business and conservation.
Hugh Jackman narrates. Screening at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival. For more information and tickets, visit www.tribecafilm.com/festival.
It is not possible to guarantee the complete accuracy of this list, so please check the labels carefully before buying an item. We believe consumers should make their own decisions on what products they buy and what companies to support.
For more info on orangutans and palm oil go to the CMZ website: http://www.cmzoo.org/conservation/PalmOilCrisis/ or the Orangutan Outreach palm oil crisis page.
Thanks to Alina Bachmann for providing the artwork. Learn more about her amazing work here: http://artiztic.net/orangutan/
Download the list as a pdf file
Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight.
YOU CAN HELP!
VISIT - 'TEN THINGS YOU CAN DO TO CHANGE THE WORLD'
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- Animal Rights
- Animal Rights Information and News Resource Blog - Companion Blog for www.geari.org
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- For the Love of the Dog - Action Alerts
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals