Thursday, February 18, 2016
Save Uganda’s Kafuga Forest! - International Tree Foundation
One of the world’s great ecological treasures, Uganda’s Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park, is under threat from plans to clear fell the adjoining Kafuga Forest.
You can help stop this environmental vandalism by supporting PROBICOU’s efforts to persuade the authorities that we must conserve this valuable remnant of ancient forest.
Please sign these online petitions to Uganda’s Minister for Water and Environment:
A campaign to #SaveKafugaForest has just been launched by our partners Pro Biodiversity Conservationists in Uganda (PROBICOU)
The forest is a vital buffer zone for the National Park’s critically-endangered mountain gorillas – supporting 400 gorillas out of a total world population of 880 – and hundreds of other species of rare mammals and birds. It is also an important source of food, medicine and clean water for local villagers.
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- Animal Rights
- Animal Rights Information and News Resource Blog - Companion Blog for www.geari.org
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- For the Love of the Dog - Action Alerts
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals