Monday, March 14, 2016
Punish Man Who Tortured Possum | Animal Petitions
Target: Andrew Bridgman, Chief Executive and Secretary for Ministry of Justice
Goal: Seek the harshest penalty for man who tortured a trapped possum with a hammer.
After throwing the carcass into the riverbank, the man then moved on to attack other possums on video. He can be seen shooting a possum out of a tree shortly after the first incident.
This sickening episode documents the nature of a heartless and brutal person. This person began recording before he perpetrated violence, meaning it was not an impulsive act. He planned and prepared to brutally kill this possum while recording every bloody detail.
This demonstrates the kind of dangerous callousness that we need to be cautious of in humans, since it is also a likely indicator of abuse against humans.
This crime is punishable by up to three years in jail or a $75,000 fine in New Zealand. Please sign this petition to urge authorities to seek the maximum penalty for this dangerous and heartless human.
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals