Monday, June 27, 2016
Orangutan | Shop For Your Cause
Petition: Ban Orangutan Boxing for Entertainment
Target: Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha of Thailand
In Thailand, orangutans are being forced in the boxing ring to fight one another for human entertainment. The animals are dressed in boxing gear and placed in a ring to resemble a boxing match with each other. Animal lovers are in awe and appalled at such an exploitation of animals for the amusement of humans. Since 2005, over 22,000 apes have been sold, killed while being hunted or died in captivity as a part of the illegal trade of primates that still continues to this day.
Huge profits are made selling illegally captured primates to zoos and other attractions around the world . Winners are awarded food and other rewards but ultimately both primates return to the dark cells where they are illegally kept. It is time to stop this disgusting display of animal brutality; orangutan boxing certainly stands as the most shameful symptom of the illegal primate trade. Orangutans are highly intelligent and sensitive animals and share 97 percent of their DNA with humans.
Orangutans do not belong in a ring where they are dressed up and made to fight- they are not boxing because they want to, they’re boxing because they’re afraid not to.
#orangutans Read more at http://shopforyourcause.com/petition/orangutan#wXFHoamfXLprdev5.99
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals