Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Operation Jairo II will launch in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on July 15 until September 1, with volunteers working to protect green, loggerhead, and leatherback sea turtles. Sea Shepherd will work with Sea Turtle Oversight Protection (S.T.O.P.) to protect sea turtle nests and guide hatchlings to the sea, away from the commercial lighting that disorients them.
The Honduras campaign will be held in Utila from August 1 to November 1, where Sea Shepherd volunteers will protect hawksbill, green, and loggerhead sea turtles. Partnering with Bay Island Conservation Association (B.I.C.A.), Sea Shepherd will protect nesting females and nests from poachers. The Honduran Navy will provide security for beach patrols.
From September 1 to December 1, Operation Jairo II will move to Costa Rica where ground campaign volunteers will work in Jaco to protect primarily olive ridley and green sea turtles. The Jaco police are teaming with Sea Shepherd volunteers to protect nesting females and nests from poachers. Nests will be relocated to a hatchery run by the Jaco police force.
Campaign volunteers will conduct weekly beach cleanups in all three locations.
Click here to volunteer for Operation Jairo II. Email the completed application to email@example.com
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals