Thursday, February 9, 2017
Many people were led to believe when American buffalo were honored with the designation as our country’s National Mammal, that this celebrated sacred species would finally get their deserved protection. Unfortunately, they were wrong. Not even in Yellowstone National Park has National Mammal status sheltered the world’s most beloved buffalo from harm.
Another four hundred wild buffalo remain in Yellowstone’s Stephens Creek buffalo trap. By the time you read this Update from the Field more livestock trailers will have carted more of our country’s most important buffalo to slaughterhouses.
Animal Liberation Links
- 'Dying to Learn': Exposing the supply of dogs and cats to higher education.
- Animal Concerns Community
- Animal Liberation Front
- ARCO's Abolitionists - A Vegan Forum • Index page
- Friends of Animals
- GAIA Global Action in the Interest of Animals
- Global Action Network - Living Cruelty Free
- Go Cruelty Free
- In Defense of Animals
- Moon Bears
- National Anti-Vivisection Society
- Pet-Abuse.Com - homepage
- SHARK - Animal Cruelty Investigations and Campaigns
- Total Liberation
- Undercover TV - exposing factory farming and the mistreatment of animals